Your Wedding timeline
Planning for one of the most important days of your life thus far can be exciting yet, stressful and overwhelming at the same time. Over the course of the last three years, I have gotten married along with some of my close friends. Through those experiences and while working for four summers at a wedding venue in Waitsfield, Vermont, I have learned that it is never too early to plan. You may find that this timeline might seem intense based on how far out we start from your wedding date, but planning in advance gives you the flexibility to choose exactly what you want!
This timeline will also point out when would be the ideal time to order stationery! Enjoy!
12 - 15 MONTHS IN ADVANCE
- Research venues and lock in your ideal date.
- Hire a wedding planner, if you choose to use one.
- Create a wedding website
- Start collecting names and addresses for your guest list.
9 - 12 MONTHS IN ADVANCE
5 - 9 MONTHS IN ADVANCE
- Choose your favorite Grade-A Invitations, and work with me to customize your stationery.
- Or, create a completely unique design from scratch with our Maple Custom Design services.
- Order your wedding invitations.
- Coordinate any other events like Bridal Showers or Bachelor/Bachelorette parties with friends and family.
4-2 MONTHS IN ADVANCE
- Send invitations and update details on your wedding website.
- Order coordinating stationery such as ceremony programs, menu cards, table numbers, and place cards.
- Start thinking about your vows if you are writing them.
1 MONTH IN ADVANCE
- Finalize your guest list and seating chart.
- Add finishing touches to your day with DIY projects
- Finalize any vacation / honeymoon trip items